Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hypertextual Awakenings

Wowsers. Pardon my silliness, I just can't wrap my head around the project I am working on.

After last week's class I sat down with my binder and started to scribble down ideas for my project. Pretty soon I had written dozens of pages and the following days only brought more ideas.

I can't explain much of what is happening right now, because I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone who decides to play around with my story, but I will link to the main page of my story if anyone would like to read it:

Clouds Casting Shadows

The title is still a work in progress, though I think I like it enough to stick with it until the end. There are other ideas that I have been playing around with, but for now this is the best one.

I can't post a site map to this just yet, due to the fact that I haven't organized the pages I have typed up or decided what links should go where. The story I am writing is non-sequential, happening mostly in the thoughts and inner-monologues of the narrator as he gazes at a wide valley below him. As the shadows of clouds pass over the field he is reminded of a former lover of his. Their relationship spanned a decade before ending, and then seven years have passed since the end of their time together. The narrator is recalling his own life, and the way it weaved with that of his lover, and all the trials and tribulations they were put through, but he has a difficult time recalling the specific details and physical appearance of his lover.

There's more to it, but again I think it would be more fun to explore the story for the first time than to give away the various plot points that may arise as the story unfolds for the reader.

I'm having a lot of fun writing this, and even more fun playing with the idea of hyperlinks within the text that bring readers throughout the story and across the internet (in some instances).

This is sort of a rambling post, but I don't know what else to say just yet. I just know that I'm really excited for how this will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment